DINA-MAR was an i+R&D project that is financed by the Tragsa Group.
The objective was to determine those areas in Spain that are susceptible to artificial recharge of aquifers operations and Managed Aquifer Recharge (MAR), the same within the frame of sustainable development and under minimum environmental impact standards.
Technological development has started after the definition phase, the same consisting in the following stages:
- Phase 1: Determination of objective geological formations for artificial aquifer recharge in Spain and the Balearic Islands.
- Phase 2: Establishment and control of “pilot areas”.
- Phase 3: Study and design of specific mechanisms to achieve a high infiltration rate.
- Phase 4: Environmental aspects:
- Maintenance of ecological flow volume
- Hydric regeneration of key elements
- Phase 5. Spreading and environmental education.
Eleven members holding seven different degrees form the research team. Several collaboration agreements have also been established.
The DINA-MAR Project. Management Aquifer Recharge (MAR) within the framework of a sustainable development.(Formato .pdf, 1.1 MB)